- Mobile moisture measurement e.g. for
- Concrete Walls
- Wood, wood products (particleboard manufacture)
- non-destructive measurement
- Properties of the resonator
- Length: 1/4-Well length
- lower end shorted
- upper end open, scattered field results
- Stray field penetrating measurement instrument
- Resonator is detuned by moisture
Resonant frequency and Bandwidth
- The wetter the material, the lower the resonant frequency (see picture) and the greater is the reciprocal of the quality factor.
- Both relationships are linear, the moisture content can be easily determined.
- In consideration of resonance frequency and quality can be realized in a density-independent moisture measurement.
- The digital operation of the system only a finite number of measurement points
- Problem: measuring point is not usually at resonance frequency
- The response curve interpolation is therefore an efficient algorithm.
- Up to 55 measurements per second are possible
- The system consists of inexpensive electronic components
- The mechanical design of the resonator is simple
- Cost-effective implementation possible
- Dr.-Ing. Frank Daschner
- Phone: 0431 / 880-6169
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email: email@example.com If interested in publications or other information materials for this project please contact the secretary or to the persons indicated above.